Monday, September 30, 2019
When workers stand together to organize, mobilize, and strike we can build power and win the wages, benefits, and working conditions we need and deserve. But that can be extremely difficult when our current laws keep the balance of power tilted in favor of CEOs and the super-rich.
When the 1% holds so much power, they get richer while our wages stay stagnant, our working conditions get worse, and our economy stays rigged in favor of the wealthy. We need big change.
The Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act (H.R. 2474) is historic legislation that will put power in the hands of workers and reverse decades of legislation meant to crush unions.
The PRO Act is a huge piece of legislation that would completely change labor law as we know it and shift power away from CEOs to workers.
The PRO Act will:
- Help strengthen protections for workers forming a union
- Prevent the misclassification of workers as independent contractors
- Deal a blow to “right-to-work” laws
- Protect strikes and other protest activities
- And much more! *
- The House of Representatives may vote on the PRO Act soon, so we must push our Members of Congress to do the right thing and support this bill!
Sign the petition demanding Congress support the PRO Act: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/proact?source=Email1