Highlights of the contract include:
- Members will double their base wages over the life of the contract
- 50% plus savings in cost sharing under the CWA Local medical plan
- 9 regular Holidays off and 2 floating holidays
- PTO (paid time off) Members had 0 prior to contract
- Contracting limits with job protection
- Grievance and Arbitration (just cause) process which includes back pay and front pay
- Transfer language by seniority as new locations open up
We are proud of this first contract for our newest 1109 members from Aclara SGS. As a few of the members stated during the ratification process "this is life changing, thank you CWA Local 1109". Contract is a four year deal and will go in effect Monday April 30, 2018.
Solidarity was the key to this campaign and a belief that the workers were not being treated fairly, wanted change and they did just that.
Great job by all!